Saturday, November 9, 2013

MIMS Acceptance!

After several weeks of getting all of my application things in order for the Manhattan Island Marathon Swim, November 1st I logged into my NYC Swim account at 11:00 a.m. so I could register. I had my registration completed by 11:07. I had all of my requirements done, so I thought I should have had a pretty good chance of getting in. I was not sure how soon they would start listing swimmers, so I made up my mind not to worry about it for a day or two, but that night when I got on Facebook, I saw that one of my swimming buddies had already been accepted. I immediately checked the page and was very discouraged to see about fifteen names listed, none of which were mine. I had a mild freak out about it, and was not as focused on my athletes as I should have been at the swim meet I coached the next morning. I was trying my best to be there for them, but my mind was on my application. Several people had told me that I would get in, easily. The list of accepted swimmers was growing, and my name still was not on there. I made up my mind that I would not check the list or my email until after the last of my swimmers competed and left the meet. Finally I checked my email and had an email from NYC Swim. Without reading the email, I went to check the swimmer list. This time my name was at the top of the list! I was so excited I jumped up as I let out a loud squeal, then a giggle, followed by a big sigh of relief. I got a couple funny looks from one of the coaches for another team, but I didn't care. I had gotten into MIMS! I wanted the earliest date of June 14th, but I have been assigned June 28th. I guess we can't have it all. I am just happy to be going! 

No comments:

Post a Comment