Sunday, December 8, 2013

1-HR Max for MIMS

I had a bit of a scare this week when I got an email from NYC Swim saying that I had not submitted my 1 hour race pace swim. I had completely forgotten to get it done! I had to get my results in ASAP, so I decided I had to do it that night and get it submitted. The problem was that with finals for college, I hadn't really swum nearly as much as I should have been for the last two weeks, things have just been too hectic. On top of that I was sick at the time too. Oh well, it had to be done.

On Tuesday afternoon I headed to the pool at 3:00 p.m. to coach swimming, then from 5:30 to 7:30 I taught swimming lessons. I always hate trying to swim a workout or anything fast after teaching, because just standing there while teaching gets me water-logged, I always feel like it takes me 700 yards just to get moving through the water the way I should. My mom was such a great help, she cut her swim a little short, so she could get out and keep track of my splits and time.

My furthest distance for an hour swim is 4,200 yards; I knew I wouldn't get that on Tuesday, but I was hoping for at least 4,000 or 4,050. Swimming felt better than I thought it would after two weeks of slacking off, and being sick. I felt like I was keeping a good pace, and pushing it well. I swam a full 4,000, even though I thought I might have been about 30 seconds past my hour time. When I finished my mom told me I had done 3,950 in the 1 hour time. That is not exactly what I had wanted, and it will probably put in in a slower category for MIMS, but at least I got the swim submitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment