Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Long Saturday Swims

I have been training at Layton Surf N' Swim on the Saturdays when I can coordinate things with Gordon. On Saturday, March 1st I did my longest to date pool swim. We swam 16,100 yards (9.1 miles). I had a hard time keeping up with Gordon, he was kicking my butt. I felt bad that I was probably not helping to push him to the point that I was helpful. I was just excited to be able to swim at all. I had just gone to the chiropractor so he could work on my shoulder. I was so sore my swimming suit just touching my shoulder hurt. I just figured, what the hell. What's the use of being young, and I decided to work through it anyway. I was not swimming that much slower than Gordon was, but I would get 3 feet behind on every flip turn. My turns aren't that bad, I'm just so stinking short!

 Here is the workout we did.

I am looking forward to  the next chance I get to do a long swim with Gordon. I think it is good for both of us, and it really pushes me.


No comments:

Post a Comment